Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Cosmetic Tip Tuesday: Get the Red Out

IMHO, nothing ruins a good EOTD more than red, irritated eyes (no, I don't drink, LOL, just work on the computer a lot, which irritates my eyes despite taking precautions). After I shower, one of the first things I do is put one drop of Visine (just the original version; YMMV) in each eye and allow it work for about 30 seconds before I apply my eye makeup. Be sure not to use more than one drop or to use it more than once a day because it can cause "rebound" redness in the blood vessels of your eyes.

Product photo from drugstore.com

I've also heard that Visine also makes a good foiling medium for eyeshadow (better than water for some reason). I've tried it a couple of times, but since I found Fyrinnae Pixie Epoxy, I mainly use just that. However, when I did try it, I found that I had to wipe the brush off a little bit because just one drop made the brush too wet and caused the eyeshadow to get too runny. Bloodshot eyes are one thing; runny eyeshadow is another thing altogether, LOL :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment