Sunday, April 15, 2012

Weekend Shout-Out to bbfriendforever!

Welcome to new follower bbfriendforever (aka Helen F.)! She's from the United Kingdom and is clearly a makeup loonie like the rest of us, LOL. Helen has a blog called BBFF* (*Beauty Best Friend Forever). Why not swing on by and check it out?  She's got nice mix of EOTDs and product swatches as well as as a lovely photo of mountains in France where she was on skiing holiday fairly recently. It reminds me of my father's Swiss heritage and the times I spent vacationing in in Switzerland. Lots of good memories. Thanks for reminding me, Helen [which is also my mom's name, funny that] :-)

Mountains in France (Google photo)

Mountains in Switzerland (Google photo). See? Not so different: Both are craggy, pointy, and covered with snow!

Here are Helen's answers to my "desert-island" questions": (1) Describe yourself in three words and why? (2) What three foods do you like best and why? (3) What would be your three "desert-island" cosmetics and why (i.e., if you were stranded on a desert island, which three cosmetics (brand and type/name please) would you most want to have with you and why)?

1.  I am sociable, smart, and a good friend because I like to talk; I make careful decisions; and I like to think that I am a good friend, but perhaps I'm not! It's like when I once asked a social worker friend if she thought I might actually be crazy (in reference to a particular situation at the time). She said, "If you can ask that question, you're not crazy." So, I'll bet you are indeed a god friend, Helen, because can ask yourself that question!

2. I love fruit, chocolate, and yoghurt. I eat all three foods every day, and they are all good for me. I eat all them, too, but not every day. However, the chocolate I could make into a three-meals-per-day habit, LOL!

3. Desert Island cosmetics? Mmmm . . . assuming it's a tropical island, then sun screen because I burn easily and like to protect my skin from the sun's harmful effects. The sun screens I use the most are from L'Oreal (just scroll down). Next is Elizabeth Arden Eight Hour Cream because it's so useful. Lastly, a bottle of Dr. Bronners liquid soap (the rose scent), again because it's a multi-use product, and I like to feel clean . . . !

Hmmm, I think we have a all-around healthy beauty blogger here. Thanks for sharing your answers, Helen, and we'll b e looking forward to your next blog post :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment