Monday, July 1, 2013

Return of . . . THE NAIL!

 OK, here goes with the shorter review. PLMK how you like it, OK?



Background: Some of you might remember a post I wrote a while back about painting only one of my ten fingernails for various reasons, the main ones being (1) I don't have time to fuss with manicures because the nail polish chips within 12 hours; and (2) once it chips, in my mind it's ruined. So I do one perfect nail, and "wear" like a piece of jewelry. With lots of topcoat, it can last for up to two weeks with minimal wear. Here's a brief review on the items I used to create my textured "splatter" nail.

Product(s): One coats of  Sally Hansen Hard as Nails Xtreme Wear Nail Color in Pink Satin (actually a lavender shade), three coats of Sephora by OPI Nail Color in The Golden Age (large- and small-sized reflective gold and silver glitter), one coat of Wet 'n' Wild Wild Shine no. 4600 (holographic silver glitter), and one coat of Wet 'n' Wild Wild Shine no. 435G (tiny pink and red glitter).

Overall rating: Five lippies combined! Individually, I give the two Wet 'n' Wild topcoats each three lippies (not very good coverage alone), the Sephora by OPI topcoat four lippies (fair coverage in one or two coats), and the Sally Hansen polish five lippies (excellent coverage in just one coat!).

Where did I buy this? The Sally Hansen came from either CVS or Rite-Aid; the Wet 'n' Wild colors came from Giant Food Store; and the Sephora by OPI color came from . . . ummm . . . Sephora :-)

Price: From $2.00 to $4.00 each (I got the OPI color on clearance).

Packaging: Standard nail polish bottle for each brand (i.e., Wet 'n' Wild bottle is kind of square/rectangular; OPI bottle looks like a bullet, LOL; and the Sally Hansen bottle is a generic shape. The brushes were all OK, except the OPI and Sally Hansen brushes were the best.

If I lost, spilled, or broke this item(s), would I buy again? Actually, yes to all of them because I like how my nail came out! Plus the Sephora by OPI topcoat is very versatile!


No comments:

Post a Comment