Sunday, July 28, 2013

Crush Cosmetics Eyeshadow Review

Product: Eyeshadow samples

Where did I buy this? Crush Cosmetics: Beauty With an Edge (feedback: 1298 [100% positive])
Indoor light
Price: I bought five samples for $5.00. The product amount in the samples was very generous; I'd say almost 1/4 tsp. However, the smallest sample set they have on the site right now is 10 samples for $10.00, so I don't know if the 5 for $5.00 is still available. Full sizes are $8.50 to $8.85 for a 10-gram sifter jar (holds 2 to 3.5 grams depending on the volume of the product). Petite sizes are $5.50 to $5.85 to a 5-gram jar (holds 1 to 2 grams).
Shipping is  $1.75 for samples, which is true to USPS cost for a small padded mailer shipped within the United States. YMMV depending on what you buy.

Performance: Reading left to right and top to bottom in the photos (swatched over Fyrinnae PE), I got Crush, XOXO, Vintage, and Vixen. The pigmentation of these shadows is BUCK, my friends. However, xxx was pure shimmer, very little base color, but when I packed it on over Fyrinnae PE, my lids were slammin'. It's a great color for green/hazel green eyes. I would say that overall, the shimmer of these shadows is fairly medium level: Not too glaring but not near-matte either. The colors are super-saturated. There are some pale shades available, but mostly every color looks "rainbow-soaked." Although the colors are "glowy," there's not much creativeness to them (e.g., duochrome, contrasting-color sparkles).  However, for such saturated, pigmented product, I really don't care!
Natural light
Packaging: My samples were in the dreaded long zip-lock sample baggies (product gets all over the brush ferrule with these [obviously I prefer the short baggies]). I assume that the jars are your average sample jar :-)

If I lost, spilled, or broke this item, would I buy again? Probably not, but just because I already have so many other shadows. However, I will probably buy more samples to try more colors. There are many new colors that I'm eager to try :-)

Overall rating: 5 of 5 lippies! 

No comments:

Post a Comment