Sunday, July 21, 2013

Avon Dual-Ended Nail-Dotting Tool Plus Zoya Skye and Essie Blanc Nail Polishes

Products: Avon Dual-Ended Nail-Dotting Tool; Zoya Skye Nail Polish (OOP but available on eBay); and Essie Blanc Nail Polish.

Where did I buy this? The Avon dotting tool was from . . . Avon, LOL, and I got the Zoya Skye and Essie Blanc in separate Makeup Alley swaps.
Price: The Avon dotting tool was $1.99 (which might be a standard price; I don't know because I never actually went out and looked for this item), and both of the polishes were free (+ shipping, of course, for the swap items). However, Zoya Skye is OOP but can be had on eBay for $6.00 (see link above), and Essie Blanc can probably be bought from the Web site (see link above) or a CVS or Riteaid for about $8.00 or so.
Performance: Avon nail-dotting tool = This was the first time I've used any type of nail polish tool, and I thought my first try went very well albeit lame-o (you can see said lame-o results below):-) I've already stated my love/hate relationship with nail, polish, but lately I've been into doing my "nail," so for $1.99, I thought I'd give this a try. It has two ties: one with a teensy tip and the other with a larger tip. I used only the smaller tip. By the way, I have a super Avon representative who can be found here, and Avon usually has a lot of free-shipping specials. Zoya Skye = I used this for the base color. I'm nerdishly excited that I managed to get a perfect creme nail. I'm not a nude-nail chaser at all, but I thought this nude polish was pretty perfect with my skin tone. I''m cool-toned and pink-undertoned, so I didn't want anything that threw yellow on me, and this appears to be pretty neutral (although how do I really know since I haven't tried a lot of nudes?). I like it, but YMMV. Essie Blanc = If I'm scared of nail polish, I'm crap-my-pants terrified of pure white polish! I didn't have the guts to try this as the base coat, but I thought it would make a pretty summer nail over the Zoya Skye, so I dotted the Blanc over the Skye base. The results are lame but kin of cute-lame, LOL. However, now that I'm getting into shimmery/glittery top coats, I may give Essie Blanc a whirl as a base coat this summer. Don't let the blop of white toward one of the nail edges creep you out: It was my first time dotting!
Packaging: Avon dotting tool: standard plastic wrapping; Zoya Skye and Essie Blanc: standard bottles with standard brushes.

If I lost, spilled, or broke this item, would I buy again? Avon dotting tool: Yes; Zoya Skye: yes (assuming I could find it); Essie Blanc; no, but only because white polishes are ubiquitous :-)

Overall rating: 5 out of 5 lippies for each of them! 





No comments:

Post a Comment