Sunday, September 1, 2013

Sephora Flash [Beta] Program

Product: Sephora Flash free-shipping program
Sephora Flash Beta program
Where did I buy this? An iniatial beta-test group received invitations directly from Sephora.com to join the program. I'm assuming that the trial period went well because they started accepting applications almost right away from us peons who had to ask for an invite (or at least it seemed that way). I requested my invite probably about 3 months ago; I received it on Thursday, and signed up for it (it shows up in your basket); and placed an off-priced-for-free-shipping order to test it out (I had to do that right a way, don't you think?). I bought this from Sephora.com.
Price: $10.00/year.
How it works: ONCE YOU PAY THE $10.00 YEARLY JOINING FEE, YOU GET FREE, UNLIMITED TWO-DAY SHIPPING ON ANY ITEM (S), NO MINIMUM EXPENDITURE REQUIRED! FREE RETURNS AND THE LIBERAL RETURN POLICY STILL APPLY! (YES, I SCREAMED THAT FOR THE AWSOMENESS EFFECT!)

Evidently you can also achieve this free 2-day shipping by becoming a Sehora VIBRouge customer. To do that, I believe you have to rack up something like $3000.00 in purchases during the year. Which do you like better to get free shipping: $10.00 OR $3000.00? I'll take the former, thank you very much :-)
Performance: Excellent! I placed my order on 8/28; it was packed and shipped the next business day; and I had it in my sweaty little hands by yesterday afternoon. So, yeah, it works. Gonna try it next with my $5 for $10 Sephora gift e-card, about which I blogged about yesterday. Unfortunately, the Groupon offer is over now. Did you get it?


If I lost, spilled, or broke this item, would I buy again? The program: Um, yes? The products I bought:? Let's see, shall we?

1. Sephora Instant radiance Foundation in no. 10 (light): No; too dark for my pale pink skin! ($12.00 shipped).

2. Spehora by OPI nail Color in Already Famous (left bottle in photo): No, but only because it;'s nearly identical to an Avon polish I bought recently bought and love (review forthcoming) ($5.00 shipped). 

3. Sephora by OPI Let's Plie' (center bottle in the photo); No because it look too sickeningly sweet a matte peachy-pink on me and doesn't have the miroshimmer described on the Sephora.com Web site ($5.00 shipped).


4. Sephora by OPI in Wild about Shimmer: Yes because it is remarkable, fairly neutral, pale, sheer  golden/champagne with fine golden shimmer, but the sheerness is buildable, so I will also enjoy wearing this over other colors to bring out their light , so to speak!  

5. Samples included (1) Honey EDP spray by Marc Jacobs; (2) YSL Touche Eclat (I've always wanted to try this); and (2) Josiie Maran's Argan Matchmaker Serum Foundation.

If I lost, spilled, or broke this item, would I buy again? Mais oui; but of course. I'll buy a yearly Sephora.com free-shipping subscription, with no minimum purchase, as long as the price remains worth it to me!

Overall rating: 5 of 5 lippies!

No comments:

Post a Comment