Saturday, August 17, 2013

Why, Yes, I AM Actually Only 12 Years Old!

You have three more days to enter the Aromaleigh contest here :-)

Background: You all know by now that I am an absolute dork and geek, and I'm proud of it! I have no qualms about admitting publicly that I recently bought a kid's nail dryer from Avon because I thought it might make my one-nail manicure dry harder and thus last a bit longer. And it did:-)

Product: Avon Going Dotty Nail Dryer
Avon Going Dotty Nail Dryer
Where did I buy this? I bought this from my Avon rep, Lisa Wetherby (great rep BTW). It doesn't appear to be available on the Avon Web site any longer, but I found it on Bay. The seller currently has six of them available for $14.99 plus free shipping.

Price: $9.99 + tax.
Avon Going Dotty Nail Dryer in action, LOL
Performance: Excellent. I've never used a nail dryer before other than the only time I had my nails (yes, all 10 of them) done at a salon. Call me wacky, but I think the nail dryer actually dried my nails to a harder finish. My one-nail manicure often chips within hours of application, but my "nail" dried under the dryer lasted for a few days, plus it was more fun using this dryer than the traditional waving-my-hand-and-blowing-on-my-nail method (how's that for a mega compound adjective?). It takes a couple of AA batteries and seems to be holding up pretty well. You activate it by placing your hand on the little "platform" under the dryer head. It's obviously made for little kids, so the platform is pretty small. If I did  full mani, I'd probably have to dry half a hand at a time, which would be quite time-consuming. It's pretty noisy, so it doesn't work to use it while I'm watching the boob tube, but it's OK to use during commercials.

Packaging: Just a small brown box :-) Otherwise, no packaging or storage.
Recent single-nail mani with Confetti Silver Slipper and Wet 'n' Wild silver hologrpahic top coat with no chipping after three days!
If I lost, spilled, or broke this item, would I buy again? Actually, based on my experience with this little nail dryer, I would definitely purchase a real adult's home nail dryer. If I couldn't find a reasonably priced one, yes, I would buy this product again.


Overall rating: 5 out of 5 lippies!


No comments:

Post a Comment