Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Don't Give Me Any Lip: I Want Gimme Brow by Benefit!

Product: Benefit Gimme Brow

Where did I buy this? I bought this product from Sephora.com.

Price: This cost $22.00 -- quite a lot, I know -- but I didn't have too use much, so it should last me a very long time (plus free shipping with the Sephora Flash program).
Benefit Gimme Brow
Performance: I got the Light/Medium shade (it comes in Medium/Deep shade, too). It looks dark blond/taupe-y in the tube, but it looked great on my light-brown-turning-gray brows. It's biuldable, so you can get as strong a look that you're willing to go for. I was afraid that the darker shade would have been too stark against my pinked fair skin. The teensy-tiny wand is like the pointed end of a mascara spoolie but even thinner, perfect for brow work. It works by depositing tiny fibers in with your sparse and/or thin brow hairs, thus making them look fuller. They also look more tamed and professional, too.

Packaging: Wonky geometric tube. Sort of like an elongated three-dimensional rhombus (largest pic, middle row, far right image). Benefit is know for kitschy product packaging and gimmicky product names, but the is nothing kooky about the greatness that is this product. Benefit hit it out of the ballpark with his one!
Sorry for the fright. This is my left brow without Gimme Brow.
Better. Left brow with Gimme Brow.




Right brow without Gimme Brow (can't you just see that big chunk o' skin right along the middle of it? I could host a small nest of birds in there!)
Right brow with Gimme Brow. Way better, dont'cha think?

If I lost, spilled, or broke this item, would I buy again? Yes, without a doubt. It's the best brow product I've ever used. Maybe Benefit is finally focusing more on product performance than on gimmicky product packaging and names.


Overall rating: 5 of 5 lippies! Yay!

1 comment:

  1. I'm excited to try this product. I've been looking for a good brow enhancer/builder, so I'm glad to hear your personal, based-on-experience recommendation. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete