Sunday, March 2, 2014

Mascar Smackdown Part One: Avon Mega Effects Photo Review

Hi all,

I recently attempted, for my own more objective benefit, to take photos of my eyelashes in various states of "dress" with the different mascaras I currently have in my train case. I usually only have two, maybe three, in rotation at any given time; E.L.F. Mineral Mascara is my current holy Grail mascara. I prefer volume and definition over length because I don't like the feel of my lashed brushing again my glass lenses. I also prefer brown or brown/black mascara over straight black because I think that black is too harsh and unnatural on my fair skin tone. I'm judging the current resulting photos, as well as others to come in future reviews, on just volume and definition and not color because most of them didn't come in brown or were "extras" from Sephora, which always seem to come in black!

In total, the mascaras being considered are Avon Mega Effects Mascara in Brown Black, Cover Girl Flamed Out Mascara in Black Brown Blaze, Stila Glamoureyes Mascara in Black, Bare Escentuals Buxom Mascara in Black (the URL shows waterproof, but I tested non-waterproof), and E.L.F. Studio Mineral Infused Mascara in Black (the only color it comes in). In no case did I use an eyelash primer before or mascara comb after application.

First up is Avon Mega Effects Mascara. My final review of the mascaras tested will come at the end of the comparisons after I've evaluated all of the "entrants." Having said that, I rather like how this mascara looked on my eye lashes. Stay tuned for future installments!

Avon Mega Effects Mascara closed
Avon Mega Effects Mascara with cap off
Avon Mega Effects Mascara out of its alien casing, LOL
Flat-side view of Mega Effects brush
Side view of Mega Effects brush
Full-on view of Mega Effects brush
Angled view of Mega Effects brush (this is the angle I usually apply at)
My bare lashes
Lashes after applying Avon Mega Effects Mascara
Both sets of lashes after applying Avon Mega Effects Mascara




1 comment:

  1. I'm looking forward to seeing the rest of this series on mascara, Lisa.

    My favorite mascara, which has been discontinued, is Maybelline XXL Extension mascara. I like it because one end is a base coat/"conditioner," and the other end is the regular mascara. I can get it on Amazon and eBay.

    Meanwhile, I'm still thinking about getting eyelash extensions at my salon ....

    Cassie

    ReplyDelete